Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nail Polish


As long as my toes and finders are out and about, I prefer to have them painted. I was always making things with glue and nails and wood in my early twenties so it seemed like a waste to get my nails painted and then ruined. If I did paint them, well, I had them "done." But the more I love having them painted, the more I realize I'm gonna need to do it myself. Some people don't like the smell, but for me, the smell of nail polish is the smell of affordable luxury. A smell that means I won't be doing any handy-work in the near future. It almost smells like I'm going on vacation. It's an instant pick me up. Like I'm going to have a delicious cocktail at any moment. Sidecar anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I once cohabitated with a boyfriend who HATED the smell of nail polish remover with such a passion that it was banned from the interior of our apartment, so the remover part of my DIY mani-pedi brings back Manhattan balcony. Freedom but also. . .injustice. Hey I don't love the smell of your gym shorts either, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of freshly painted nails, but convinced that it is bad for my health, I detest the chemical smell of polish. I should invent strawberry scented cochineal nail polish!

    ReplyDelete

Please Post Comments Here